The Large Construction Notice of Intent (LCNOI) is for coverage under the Large Construction General Permit for land disturbing activities of five (5) acres or greater; or for land disturbing activities, which are part of a larger common plan of development or sale that are initially less than five (5) acres but will ultimately disturb five (5) or more acres. Applicant must be the owner or operator. For construction activities, the operator is typically the prime contractor. The owner(s) of the property and the prime contractor associated with regulated construction activity on the property have joint and several responsibility for compliance with the Large Construction Storm Water General Permit MSR10.
Completed LCNOIs should be filed at least thirty (30) days prior to the commencement of construction. Discharge of storm water from large construction activities without written notification of coverage is a violation of state law.
Submittals with this LCNOI must include:
• A site-specific Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) developed in accordance with ACT5 of the General Permit
• A detailed site-specific scaled drawing showing the property layout and the features outlined in ACT5 of the General Permit
• A United States Geological Survey (USGS) quadrangle map or photocopy, extending at least one-half mile beyond the facility property boundaries with the site location and outfalls outlined or highlighted. The name of the quadrangle map must be shown on all copies.Quadrangle maps can be obtained from the MDEQ, Office of Geology at 601-961-5523.
Additional submittals may include the following, if applicable:
• Appropriate Section 404 documentation from U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
• Appropriate documentation concerning future disposal of sanitary sewage and sewage collection system construction
• Appropriate documentation from the MDEQ Office of Land & Water concerning dam construction and low flow requirements
• Approval from County Utility Authority in Hancock, Harrison, Jackson, Pearl River and Stone Counties